Timeless – A Review by Vinayak Gole ● Fried Eye magazine

I will be very honest here. I had never heard of Jim Ankan Deka. And when I was asked to review this album, I was in no mood either. It had been a very tiring day and I was just too desperate to hit the sack. But I decided to give it a try anyways.

A minute into the first song, Eastwards, I was already reading about this talented musician on Wikipedia. With distinct Indian tones and a jugalbandi between the Veena and the guitar, this instrumental song is not just soothing but vaguely reminiscent of the good old days of the desi rock beats...


Read More on Fried Eye


Popular posts from this blog

Chador-mekhela, drums, keyboard, guitar, cultural activists, bihu and Being Assamese

Dehradun - places to visit in 24 hours | travelogue

Dasara and merriment at Mysore Palace (travel photography)